Players of Utica is a non-profit, community theatre organization run entirely by volunteers. We strive to produce quality productions that will benefit the cultural and educational interests of the entire community.
When asked to volunteer for a community theatre, people often respond, “But I don’t act or sing or dance.” But there are many ways to get involved with the Players of Utica theatre in addition to performing:
- Audition to be an actor. Many wonderful and talented amateur actors and actresses attend our auditions who truly enjoy a role on-stage. See our audition page for current opportunities.
- Perform at an open mic, cabaret, or comedy club. Players of Utica stages these events throughout the year, providing you with opportunities to sing, dance, tell jokes or interesting stories, juggle — whatever will entertain an audience. See our event calendar for upcoming shows.
- Work backstage. Our productions always need a backstage crew to help design and build sets, find or create costumes, find or create props, do makeup, design lighting and sound, work the light and sound systems, assist the director, and more. See our production schedule for these opportunities. No matter what your skill or interest, we have a role for you!
- Volunteer to help on a show night. You can volunteer to take tickets, hand out programs, work the concession stand, or sell 50/50 tickets. When you do, you get to see the show for free! Call us or e-mail us today to be added to our volunteer list: 315-724-7624, email@example.com.
- Serve on a committee. When you become a member of Players of Utica, you can serve on any one of our committees, such as Educational Outreach, Public Relations and Marketing, Fundraising, Building and Grounds, Development and Grants, Playbill Advertising, and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Direct a show. We are always looking for both experienced and new directors for our regular season and “extra” productions. We ask that new directors first serve as an assistant to a director before seeking to direct a show.
Give us a call today or “Like” us on Facebook to find the opportunity that meets your needs and talents. When the curtain rises, we are sure that you will feel proud to be a part of this wonderful community organization and will be ready to take your bow!