- This event has passed.
Auditions for “The Clean House”
Audition date: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 6 p.m. at the Players Theatre
Directed by Eileen Tiller-Clanton and Thom Capozella
Cast needed: 4 Women, 1 Man, ages 18-60
Characters : (according to the playwright):
- Lane: A doctor, a woman in her early fifties.
- Matilde: Lane’s cleaning lady, a woman in her late twenties. She is Brazilian. She has a refined sense of deadpan.
- Virginia: Lane’s sister, a woman in her late fifties.
- Charles: Lane’s husband, a man in his fifties. A compassionate surgeon. He is childlike underneath his white coat. In Act 1 he plays Matilde’s father.
- Ana: An Argentinean woman. She is impossibly charismatic. In Act 1 she plays Matilde’s mother. She is older than Lane.
Note: Everyone in this play should be able to tell a really good joke.
Description: If you have never seen a Sarah Ruhl play, you are in for a treat. A Pulitzer-winner and perhaps the most unique and imaginative voice in theater, Ruhl has written a lyrical exploration of love and loss, tinged with romance and fantasy and theatrical whimsy. According to The New York Times: “The Clean House is imbued with a melancholy but somehow comforting philosophy: that the messes and disappointments of life are as much a part of its beauty… a perfect punch line can be as sublime as the most wrenchingly lovely aria.”
Audition info: You will be asked to read from the script… and to tell a really good joke!
Show dates: October 25-27, November 1-3, 2019