- This event has passed.
Summer Showcase Auditions: “Like Sitting Ducks”
Like Sitting Ducks
A farcical comedy in two acts
AUDITIONS: May 22 and 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Players theater.
ROLES: 4 females, 4 males (late 20s to early 50s) + 2 either gender
- Homer — Mild-mannered husband of Corine.
- Corine — Strong-willed wife of Homer.
- Fred — Gruff but likeable husband of Sue Ellen.
- Sue Ellen — Flighty and scatter-brained, but always cheerful wife of Fred.
- Walt — A large fellow, a plumber, subject to frequent urination. Husband of Denise.
- Denise — Somewhat goth, always in black, piercings, tattoos. Wife of Walt.
- Wendell — A tense fellow, always on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Husband of Fiona.
- Fiona — Naïve New Ager, wife of Wendell.
- Officer Gruber — a police officer.
- Officer Greene — a police officer.
SYNOPSIS: In side-by-side apartments, four couples turn ordinary marital conflicts into a war between the sexes that nearly results in their mutual annihilation — all in good fun, of course. Written and directed by Stephen Wagner.
SHOW DATES: July 14, 15, and 16.